Monday, February 14, 2011

Life is a hard teacher....

Well just finished fighting today in Hungary... another tournament another 1st round exit...


The thought pattern for this tournament was to be very relaxed/take my time... What ended up happening was I was passive/reactive and didn't apply any pressure to my opponent at all.. Basically I was the passanger and this was confirmed after only 45seconds on the clock when I was sent for a ride.

It was a hard loss to take (as they all are). I don't mind losing but losing in such a fashion is never nice. Also I'd had a great training camp prior to this so was looking forward to fighting. My Judo was starting to come together nicely and I was really hoping it would crossover to the tournament

The hard part about it is that you generally fight about 2months behind your training.. So while I'm training really well and starting to get a new style sorted it is still going to take awhile to put it into practice.

The hardest thing during this stage is to stay mentally strong, it takes A LOT to get your a$$ beat and stay positive during it.. You can call it anything. The grind, the hard yards whatever but at the end of the day it's just a case of putting a positive spin on the worse situations...

Really though I just have to keep doing what I'm doing. I'm training as hard as I possibly can and I've made big changes to my Judo so I've basically just got to keep doing the grind, keep setting goals for each session and really just stay positive. I can't let the failures get to me too much and keep focusing on 'baby steps'

As I've always said "Judo Was Not Built In A Day"

Tomorrow we arrive back in Paris at around 10pm then will be up at 6am for morning session and a hard week of training towards Grand Prix in dusseldorf.

3 comments:

  1. We are so proud of you Jason and losing is apart of the game a very important part.
    its how you come off those loses thats vital and staying positive is the best thing you can do theres always a lesson to be learnt from them so keep up with the hard training and we can't wait to see you in action back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard when you are starting to change your game from everything you have been doing in the past,and then to go into comps and try to put it into practice so soon!keep working hard on the changes bro and it will pay off with massive rewards in the future.
    Thats my two cents worth bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that feeling of losing that makes winning taste that much better. I've played for many losing teams in my time, not only did it make me more determined for a win, but also made me not get complacent about winning. At the end of the day i love to win....only because i hated the hurt of losing even more. But without all that losing you cannot fully understand the bliss of winning. Yes losing sucks but it's nessesary.....XII Monkeys Joe. H

    ReplyDelete