Friday, December 3, 2010

Gym/Graduation/Judo

So today was another action packed one!

Sam decided we needed to get up at 4am again today he must think I'm slacking!

Gym workout was as follows:

A. Bench Max Reps @ 100kgs : 8 - good improvement from last week (end goal is to get 15-20reps)


B1. J Pulldowns
B2. Face Pulls

we went nuts on this one, just kept ramping the weight up and literally couldn't lift the old arms after it! Was a good feeling

C1. Cuban Press
C2. DB Side Raises
C3. Plate Front Raise

Again went a little crazy on this one and really pushed the weight, cuban press is one of the most humbling exercises I know which is one of the reasons I like to do it so much

Graduation

So today was the NZIS kids graduation. For me this was the high of my time at NZIS because for a lot of the kids it was a real 'coming of age', while I was only there for 2years it's amazing how much people can change over such a time and to see that some of the kids are already moving on to bigger things was great!

The other good thing was to see the pride in the parents as there kids were acknowledged for there achievement, while a few of them 'left it to the last minute' they all got the job done and hopefully learnt some valuable life skills.

I may/may not had educated them well, but as long as I inspired them I can leave happy.

Judo

Slightly light on numbers at training tonight so we drilled some specific ne-waza/stand up techniques for the guys. I think one of the things I'll miss most is coaching the guys, it's seriously amazing the level of commitment they have and the improvement they're making. They're a hard working bunch but at the same time we really enjoy ourselves at training and there's at least 4-5 guys (and girl :p) with the potential there to gain black belts/do well at a national level.

Personally I've been working hard on varing my grip fighting. Grip fighting is definitely my big weakness in Judo which is why the opportunity to move to France is so great (some of the best grip fighters in the world). Hopefully I can bring that back and upskill the guys also.

Anyway busy weekend ahead, BJJ & Stairs tomorrow followed by Sam's Christianing on Sunday!

Thanks for all the comments on facebook guys means a lot to hear your opinions.

1 comment:

  1. I hear that girl is pretty awesome hahaha naah

    I had an great day yesterday at the graduation the kids were all on a high its amazing how a piece of paper can lift you up...all well deserved

    Training last night was a B**** hahaha
    I left feeling nacked and sick im waiting for the "fit" to kick in....still waiting

    I know the guys at can am will agree with me we will miss your coaching your motivation and love for the fight your words make us get up and fight one more time to do another set of throw outs and to carry/drag 90kg plus guys,

    its going to be a hard road for all of us but we are all proud and wish you the best of luck over there.
    Paris is very lucky to be gaining a great guy/judoka

    from me and all the guys at can am
    Be Brilliant

    and just from me
    love you ;)

    ReplyDelete