Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Long Long Day!

Great start to the day today.

My boy Sam (12weeks old) normally wakes up at 5am. Which is perfect because I get to feed him and spend some time with him before I hit the gym..

So this morning I wake up, thinking I've got up before him so I'll get some stuff done. Check Emails, Green Tea etc... after about 10mins of this I check the time.. .4am! Good one!!!

So up an hour earlier than normal but gave me a chance to watch Ricky Gervais' new stand up so not a complete loss...

Finally got to the gym and did the following lower body workout.

A. Deadlifts WT5: Got out 4x 150kg then lost the grip, coming up gradually so will be happy if I'm back pulling 170-180 in a couple of weeks

B. DB Stepups 3x 12 keep my knees healthy!

C1. Standing Leg Curls 3x 8
C2. Leg Press 3x 25 + a 50rep set at the end (I'm not allowed to squat because of my meniscus so I leg press just to keep the quads working)

D. Incline Bench Eccentric Crunches 3x 10 ... forgot how sore these are!!

So after this great workout it was off to NZIS for my absolute/super/definite last day! Got all my marking done and ended up killing time walking around town waiting for Cushla to pick me up.

4pm: No Gi Grappling

This class is a GREAT one for me to develop my ground game without the safety of holding onto Gi. I'm fortunate to roll with some really really good grapplers here and its great for me to try stuff out and then if I stuff it up I get tapped out very quickly!

I always have absolutely no ego when I roll so it's really good for me to learn through 'reinforcement' here. At the end of the day it's another tool into my toolbox and will help me become a better Judoka.. on top of that its awesome fun!

After training the guys went for a beer so I headed down to hang out for abit then had the mad rush to get to Judo..


JUDO 7pm

Tonight was basically just a randori session, we drilled some newaza turn overs to warm up with then did some moving uchikomi then it was into 10rounds of 3mins fighting (doing 2 on 1 off or doing every 2nd round).

It was also Taka, our japanese 2nd Dans, last night with us so we made sure he got the bash! We also finished in the traditional way for leavers which is to walk the gauntlet and get smacked with Judo Belts (not looking forward to this when I leave!!)

Anyway tomorrow is a much needed rest day! But I will update with 'thursdays thoughts' and discus the concept of Pareto's law and how I apply it to training

Till then!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hitting me! I was so surprised:)
    I really enjoyed doing JUDO with you for a few weeks
    マジで楽しかったです!参加させてもらってありがとうございました。次クライストチャーチに来たときは顔出します!!!!!!!
    cheers.takashi

    ReplyDelete