Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Stairs, Christenings, Gym

Well it's been a few days since I've 'blogged up' but I had a busy couple of days so thats my excuse!

Training has still been going well, very much reaching the threshold of 'over reaching' so after tomorrow will be having a deload on thursday till sunday.

Stairs Training aka Hell..



So Saturday night we decided to do the stairs at Rapaki track for conditioning. The rapaki stairs are one of the hardest things to do when done properly. Properly = Aiming to kill yourself on every set!

I put together a little 'highlights' package of my training there




What I Conveniently edited out was the fact that after the 2nd proper round I was at the top of the hill on the verge of vomit!!! Very very embarassing but in fairness that's why I do the stairs, because I feel that I can never master them and they make me push harder than I should, great for mental toughness.

So we were suppose to do 6 sets in total (of which I did 2 true sets, the other boys did 3-4) and then we finished with some plyos on the low step.. All in all a very humbling workout!

Sam's Big Day

So on Sunday it was my baby boys Christening, it was a great day with all family and friends there and Sam did great!





He really is an amazing little guy and I'm so lucky that I have the support of Cushla to look after him while I'm away. It's going to be one of the hardest parts of my trip but I know in the long run it will be worth it and it's a great story to tell him about 'sacrifice'

Gym: Monday

So yesterday morning we were all a little flat in the gym. Got through the workout but were feeling it abit.. My afternoon Gym session was about the same but it's a planned overload so I know in a weeks time I be feeling alot better!



Todays Training

Today, my light day was just Ju Jitsu tonight, got some good rolling done with Forrest and Peter who are both Purple belts. What I love about rolling with the high level guys is it's a good chance to test if your techniques are working and where you need to tighten things up. These guys are both of a very high level so it's a pleasure to roll with them!



Ok so tomorrow is a big day (3 sessions, maybe 4 if I'm feeling good!) So I better go rest for that. Thanks again for everyone that has been following my blog and giving me feedback on facebook. Appreciate the kind words

Till tomorrow

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment