Friday, December 10, 2010

Iron Sharpens Iron...

This morning in the gym was a great session.

Both training partners (Tom/Jimmy) PB'd on there bench press (122.5/110 respectively). I also had a good day getting 10x 100kgs, another step towards my goal of 15-20reps, and closing in again on my PB (130). I think when we all got there we had felt it abit after a hard week of pushing it but when one person gets going the rest seem to follow suit....

Which leads me to the point of 'Iron Sharpens Iron'. Simply put surround yourself with winners and you will be one as well...

I've been fortunate with my training partners over the last 3years but they've all had one thing in common and that is a drive. While we've all been training for different things then attitude/mental toughness in the gym doesn't change. So while we train out of a very humble gym we're in there pushing ourselves and challenging each other on a daily basis.

It's the same with my Judo club. 90% of my guys have only been training inside of 3years but because of there attitude, commitment and competative edge they've made huge gains in that short time and often beaten/come close to knocking over guys that have years on them in terms of experience.. It's been amazing training with these guys and seeing them as the fighters they are but on the same note I'm looking forward to going to Paris to see what I will become..

So I guess the take home point is one that I heard from Charles Poliquin but was originally said by motivational speaker Jim Rohin which is

'you are the average of the 5 people you hang out with the most'

I know who they are for me and it's no secret why I'm always striving to be better.

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment