Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Life is a beautiful struggle...



I feel sorry for negative people. Because they choose not to enjoy the struggle.

At the moment in my life I'm standing on the shoulders of giants. On a daily basis this lil kid with a shaky smile from Christchurch gets to rub shoulders/fight with some of the best in the world.

It's not all 'sunshine and roses' though. There are some days where it's tough, real tough. But they're the days that you really learn to fight.

I like the way my MMA Coach Karl Webber puts it 'if you're covering up because you've been hit, you better answer back a lot harder!'

And it's true, most people get 'hit' in life and they don't answer back.. They choose to stay covered up, get beaten down and let life dictate there success and failure.

I've had A LOT of failure in my life and yup it sucks, but no matter how I feel immediately after it my response is always ends up being the same, I will just have to work harder..

Last night was my first time back sparring after my injury to my chest and in my 2nd fight I injured my back, an injury that was suppose to be better. I battled through and got 4 of the 8 rounds out but was feeling pretty rank at the end of it all..

While this might seem small, I've got the Oceania champs in less than 6weeks which is the best opportunity for me to get points towards olympic qualification.. effectively the most important tournament to date..

So I was left with a choice of how to respond to this... After some thought I decided that it was probably the best thing to happen to me. 1.) I was getting lazy in my rehab of my back and this injury was a wakeup call that I need to do my rehab work everyday. 2.) If I didn't stop when I did there's a chance I would have done too many rounds and done a more major injury to my chest.

I could  very well have chosen to look at things in a different light.. Woe is me, things are so hard etc.. etc.. But there's only so long you can cover up for before you get knocked down for good.


The point I'm trying to make is that life truely is a beautiful struggle. When I look back on hardships in my life I know that they've made me the person I am today because I chose to fight. In reflection previous problems seem trivial so there's no point stressing too much on what we're battling with now.

When People Look At My Life, They Will See The Stars That Shined Bright Throughout It. Not The Darkness Surrounding It...

Enjoy the struggle

No comments:

Post a Comment