Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nice (pronounced Niece), Random Thoughts, Looking Forward

Greetings from the South of France, I'm currently in Nice (pronounced Niece) as we had a teams event earlier on today.

We had 2x international teams entered made up of Romanian/Kyrgzstan/Australia/France and myself... BUT as we had Me and Daniel both in the +90's division I got drafted to another team. Daniel is one of the best in the world (he bet the world champ in Paris) so obviously he was the first choice fighter so I had no problems fighting for someone else because I just wanted to fight.

My first fight was against the French #3 +100's fighter and while I fought a lot tighter than I have previously he was just 'too big too strong'. It's hard to explain but I've been fighting a style to suit -100's Judo whereas in this fight I would have had to fight like a lightweight so just didn't really get into a rythm.

2nd fight was against a -100's fighter so was more in my 'comfort zone'. I started strongly was dominanting the grips/flow of the fight well and was putting heaps of pressure on. Got him rung up for a shido and dominating the grips... Then BAM got lazy on the sleeve grip and got caught with O-uchi...

Was quiet 'annoyed' about this as I felt I should/could have won this fight but just shows me I've got to keep my focus even harder!

In hindsight though it's only been 1 week since coming back from injury so I'm quiet happy with how things went and it was good just to get some mat time!

So my roomy Mark is off to disco for the night (well deserved I might add he fought AMAZING today, knocked over 2x of the top French fighters and was unlucky to lose 2x terrible decisions) so I'm left alone to my own random thoughts...

This is a common 'demon' with living the hotel lifestyle is when you stay in your room too long/left alone you start to let your mind wander and not always for the best... I've had some days where I've gone from Top of the world to miserable to uncontrollably laughing in the space of 30mins.. It's just the nature of the beast.


The thing that's mostly on my mind at the moment is my Son. It seems on the days I fight that I miss him the most and while the training here is brutally hard nothing is as hard as not seeing him grow up but that's another story.

Looking forward we have a training session here tomorrow before heading back to Paris, then it's 4weeks prep towards Oceania champs so I'm hoping to be injury free for all this time!

Well, time for me to sleep..

No comments:

Post a Comment