Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Long Overdue Update !

Hey everyone

well as so often happens normality of everyday life sets in and I forget to blog! Truth be told getting into a good routine overhere and I guess things that are everyday for me I don't really feel the need to write about so I decided I'd just do a quick rundown of how thing have been going in a bullet point fashion

- Since arriving in Paris I have lost 6kgs of bodyfat and gained about 1-2kgs of muscle, I've had injuries along the way (currently back/neck) however I'm honestly in the shape of my life and have improved all physiological assets immensely

- In the last two weeks my Randori has been great, when I arrived here I was getting my butt kicked by quiet a few players, now not so much. There are two big markers of my improvement. 1) A lot of the guys that use to beat me I'm now throwing 4-5x in a randori. 2) The coaches are starting to take notice of me and coach against me a lot more (i.e. they're getting annoyed that some Kiwi kid is knocking there boys over!)

- I'm not quiet there but I feel as if I'm finally starting to live up to my own expectations.. The true test of this will of course be competition, it's a good feeling and I'm starting to respect my own Judo a lot more now.

- Last week I got to fight Teddy Riner (Basically a living legend.. Multiple times +100kg world champion incase you didn't know!). Not only was his Judo very clean and technical, on top of a lot of power, but he was also a really nice guy! It's always a nice thing when the greats are good dudes.

- Paris truely is an amazing city and you can have a lot of fun just walking around/not spending any money. To this day I still think of how unbelievably lucky I am to live here. It's a very humbling thought but also a very powerufl one.

- My english is getting worse, French is getting better, Romanian and Russian about the same.. should really put more time into those two languages!

-Next week a lot of the surrounding countires are coming to town, Switzerland, Holland, Eygpt and England to go with Belguim and Tunisia who are already here. This will be my last week so it's a perfect finish/preparation.

So that's pretty much it for now I head to Tahiti in 2 weeks time for the Oceania Champs, then it's home to see family and my son! The Oceania's will be the real answer to a lot of questions about my Judo but I'm very confident at the moment and this has been the best build up I've had toward a tournament ever so I'm looking forward to it!

Anyways until next time

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment