Sunday, November 28, 2010

Conditioning/Judo/Learning French

Has been a busy couple of days, Friday was a long slog after the gym marking assignments & chasing up kids that we're battling to get things done. Was very tedious day! And I left feeling 'less than ideal'

However things picked up once I got on the mat...
3 of the guys were to be grading that night (going from White straight to Orange belt) so for that my requirements of grading is that they not only perform there technical skills (about 6-7 throws) but they also have to fight for 20mins without a rest. Now while it might not sound like much bare in mind your heart rate in Judo randori generally averages 90-95% of your max heart rate, add that to the fact these guys were having a fresh partner every 4mins it's quiet a effort! As the ranks go up the grading requirement increases, Andy who will be sitting his brown belt before the end of the year will be required to do 50mins of Randori.

So the guys got through there gradings and really earnt there belts, was also a great way for me to end the day on a high after the grind of marking work all day!


Saturday

 Started putting in some hours learning french and it's actually quiet an easy language to pick up. The sentance structure is the same as english and alot of 'english' words translate over (anything ending with -tion is basically a work of French origin). I've got 3x different resources to learn from as well, I tend to find this helps keep things 'fresh' and also means i've got 1x for the car, 1x computer, 1x anywhere!


Training today was 'modified strongman/conditioning' work, effectively we goto Judo and use training partners as weights!

Circuit consisted of

1. Partner Carries
2. Wall walks (feet on the wall walking on hands)
3. Sled Drags
4. Supine Pullups using Rope
5. Body Cleans

We did 3 rounds of this and it was very hard! I'll aim to get video of it next time to put up

Just to finish up we did some sledge hammer, wrist roller, squats and bear crawls and then headed of for a well deserved BBQ!

Tonight is ground fighting in which it will be my first 'hard' judo session in 2weeks from here until I leave I'm going to be drilling really hard on my techniques and just making sure I have a good base so when I get there I don't waste anytime getting up to speed.

Anywho time to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment