Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 3 & 4: My everything hurts!

Day 3:

Today was a pretty low key training day, only did Ju Jitsu in the evening at strikeforce.. Was good to get back on the mat there as I haven't rolled with the guys in about 4months with being so busy with Judo. Was a good feeling to drill & have a laugh with the boys again though. I really respect Karls coaching and his continual upskilling, one of the reasons Strikeforce is such a successful MMA/Grappling club.

Day 4:

This morning started with my first leg workout in ages...

Now, anyone that knows anything about gym training will tell you that training legs after a layoff is never fun! I had instant soreness from most exercises and tomorrows going to be a fun day!





Format was as follows

A: Deadlift WT5 : got out 5x 140kgs.. about 40kgs down from normal

B: Peterson Stepups: 3x 10 (important exercise for my knees, keeps them healthy)

C1: Eccentric Back Extensions (or dead extensions!) 3x 12
C2: Reverse DB Lunges 3x 20

D: 100kg Barbell holds for time.. Managed a 35sec hold, abit weak!

Workout was great, was training with Tom again which is always good because he's of similar strength to me so means I push that little bit more

Had a nice morning so far, off to do no gi grappling at 4pm with the guys at Quest, then this evening at Judo we have our club champs so nice little tourney for the guys to get some fights in!

1 comment: